Here are five things I've learned from Kyle Strobel after listening to a smattering of podcasts with him. Two of my favorites were:
- A breakout session published on the Gospel Coalition Podcast AND
- Gravity Leadership Podcast
- Wherein the interviewer mentions an article by Kyle's mentor and colleague, John Coe titled, "Resisting the Temptation of Moral Formation."
- "When you are in the presence of God and your heart condemns you, God is greater than your heart." I John 3
- Because the Spirit prays our reality to the Father, Strobel says, God hears us "In stereo".
- Me: "Everything's great here, God...I hope you're doing will. It's all super."
- Spirit in me: "uuuuggghhh"
- We come to the father, in Christ, by the Spirit.
- Contemplation: "Being with God in his temple," setting the mind on things above.
- Use the method of prayer that the Psalmist does. The Puritans prayed this way and called it soliloquy.
- Psalm 42, "Why be downcast, O my soul, hope in God..."